Learn Through Advising
- Read and review your academic advising syllabus to learn the role advising plays in your successful transition to OSU, concepts and terminology essential to your first-year, and how to build a strong relationship with your academic advisor.
- Plan out your term. Use a planner or notebook to keep track of due dates, exams, syllabi management, study times and other important dates.
- Contact your professors and teaching assistants, find out their office hours and email addresses so you can connect with them when you need help. They are here to help you.
- Check out academic coaching, the writing center and all of the other tools to help you when it comes time for mid terms and finals.
- Connect with your advisors. They can help you with difficult decisions, registration and will be a friend through your academic career.