Each of OSU’s undergraduate colleges and academic programs has unique procedures for declaring majors in their area.  Here is guide to help you understand these various processes.

Agricultural Sciences

  1. If major is known, go directly to the departmental lead advisor's office to receive advising.
  2. After receiving advising and obtaining the departmental lead advisor's signature, take the form to the Academic Programs Office in Strand 147 for college head advisor's signature stamp and recording.
  3. Students must be in Good Academic Standing to declare, which includes a minimum cumulative 2.0 OSU GPA. Example, if a student has a 2.30 OSU cumulative GPA, but their record shows Academic Warning (individual term below 2.00 GPA), they will not be able to declare until they return to Good Standing.
  4. If unsure about a major, make an appointment with someone in the Academic Programs Office in Strand 147.


  1. Must complete an online major orientation session before declaring.  The College of Business web site has an online form that students can use to sign up for an orientation
  2. If the student meets eligibility requirements, then he/she will be directed toward steps to declare business via message in MyDegrees Checklist notes.
  3. Need to complete certain core classes, with 2.5 GPA
  4. Advisors are not available to see non-Business majors during/around priority registration time, but they will consult with non-majors the first half of term.  The College of Business advising is located in Austin 122
  5. DHE majors are advised in Austin 122. “Declaring to explore” is a strong suggestion for any interested student. Admission to pre-apparel design is suspended for fall 2016. Interior Design require students maintain a minimum 2.50 for admission to the program.

Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science

  1. Students need to schedule an advising appointment to declare.
  2. No restrictions to declare.


  1. First-Year student would go to 114 Johnson Hall to declare.
  2. Second year students and beyond would go directly to the school advising offices to declare the major.
  1. Student meet with an advisor prior to having the forms signed/process triggered.
  2. Any student can declare pre-engineering.  Pro-school majors cannot be changed with “undergraduate change of undergraduate program” form.


  1. Attend an Education Double Degree info session held on Mondays and Tuesdays from 10-11 AM to get info on how to declare pre-education, or make an advising appointment by calling the main office at 541-737-4661.   Refer students to Furman Hall 104 for more info on these sessions and advising appointments. 

International Degree

  1. Interested students should consult with the Kerry Thomas, the International Degree Academic Advisor. University Plaza, Suite 130. 541-737-5223.


  1. Students wanting an overview of all COF majors may schedule an appointment with Brittany Goltry (Manager of Recruitment) 
  2. Students interested in a specific major within Forestry should schedule an appointment with a major advisor. Change-of-major paperwork will be completed during the appointment.
  3. Must have a 2.0 OSU cumulative GPA to declare.
  4. Must also be currently in Good Academic Standing to declare. Example, if a student has a 2.30 OSU cumulative GPA, but their record shows Academic Warning (individual term below 2.00 GPA), they will not be able to declare until they return to Good Standing.

Liberal Arts

  1. Go to the College of Liberal Arts Student Services office in Bexell 214 to declare.
  2. No GPA restrictions to declare, except for Liberal Studies & Digital Communication Arts – but to graduate may need to repeat any D’s in a major
  3. To declare Liberal Studies, you must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA and you must submit a Liberal Studies plan of study for approval
  4. Digital Communication Arts, requires a cumulative 2.0 GPA to enter the program
  5. Art, pre-Graphic Design, see Felix Oliveros in 300 Fairbanks
  6. Music, see Jon Caison in 301 Fairbanks

Public Health and Human Sciences

  1. Students interested in changing their major or adding a major or minor within Public Health and Human Sciences should schedule an appointment with a major advisor. Change-of-major paperwork will be completed during the appointment.
  2. PHHS minors: PHHS allows students to apply for their minors (Nutrition, Public Health, Environmental Safety & Health, Health Management & Policy and Exercise Physiology) through an on-line process.
  3. PHHS programs require an overall OSU GPA of 2.0 to declare. Some programs incorporate higher GPA requirements (see MyDegrees or department websites).

Science (includes Pre-Pharmacy majors)

  1. No restrictions to declare.
  2. Student should contact Chief/Primary Advisor within the major for intake and signature.


  1. Go to 102 Waldo to schedule a change of major appointment
  2. A student must meet with a full-time advisor to declare in UESP. 
  3. No restrictions to declare, but students need to schedule and see an advisor every term before they can register.         

Double Degrees, Dual Majors, Honors Degrees, Certificates

Registrar’s website 9/25/2015